Friday, March 8, 2013

Paros Week 1

As many of you know, I am currently studying art on the island of Paros in Greece. My hope is that I will be able to post photos of the week, as well as whatever painting or photo I have created so far, every Friday. Paros is a small island in the Cyclades, about 650 kil around, with an average population of 1,100. I am studying art with both Americans and Greeks alike, and am being taught by some really incredible professors (one of which was even an assistant to THE Ansel Adams.) Here, I reside in the town of Parikia, the main port town on the island. Today, the group of us took a hike to Lefkes, the main mountain town located in the center of Paros. The photos that need to will have captions, but I think this place pretty much speaks for itself. There is a beauty and serenity here unlike any I have felt before. I truly feel both humbled and blessed to be here, and I hope my posts can shed a little light on this already life-altering experience. As the greeks say, γεια μας. 

(as always you can CLICK on the first image for a FULL SCREEN SLIDESHOW)

The town of Parikia at sunset


















fried dough balls in honey...mmmm
it is currently Carnival on the island, so there are lots of decorations everywhere







Lefkes 
sunset from the terrace of my own beautiful 4th floor apartment

3 comments:

  1. a few of the shots (esp the ones with animal subjects) are really good! thanks for sharin pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Side note: this is from Elizabeth, not Lindsay

      Delete